I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Top 8 Girls

This is going to be very truncated because I didn't have time to do it last night.

Jordin I thought did very well. I enjoyed seeing her perform a strong, upbeat song and still have fun with it. She's definitely one of the better women and should have no problem making it into the finals.

Sabrina sang a song that I've never heard and it was ok. There were a lot of pitch problems and I felt she was screaming a lot of the higher notes. This could put her on the bubble for tonite.

Antonella sucked ass. Enough said.

Haley was ok but to be honest I don't really remember what she sang. Simon was right in saying that he can't remember her because every week she's the one girl I always forget about and have to go back to find out who i'm missing. I'm pretty sure she's going home tonite.

Stephanie was good but not as good as the last couple of weeks. I felt she was shouting throughout the song as well and this will put her on the bubble with Sabrina.

LaKisha sang a song that has been done so many times on Idol but yet it still sounded great. Here's the thing I've noticed about her though that I think is going to start hurting her next week, she sounds amazing but there doesn't seem to be a feeling or passion behind the voice. After the first week when it was all passion she didn't really wow anyone last week with Midnight Train to Georgia. The sing thing happened last night. It sounded brilliant but lacked the feeling. If she continues to do this she's going to get bounced sooner than later.

Gina finally returned back to her rocker roots and it was refreshing to see. All along I've said that her voice reminds me of Kelly Clarkson's and I can see her heading in that direction. Although last night Gina's voice also took on a (weak) Nikki McKibben vibe so that's something she needs to watch for. She needs to keep her voice strong while still maintaining the rocker edge to it.

Melinda was AWESOME! again last night. Technically, she's the best singer out there. She's picking perfect songs that are different from each other. She's no longer a background singer. I loved that she walked over the background singers and lead them in the song. It was great to see. She'll be around for a long time in this competition.

Antonella and Hayley should be going home tonite but I still think Antonella's fanbase is big enough to keep her in. Sadly, Sabrina and Stephanie are going to be fighting for that final spot and there will be an upset when one of them goes home with Haley tonite but Antonella stays in. I hope Stephanie is the one that makes it through.

No comments: