I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Monday, March 19, 2007

Top 12 Full-Length MP3s

As Ryan mentioned below, AmericanIdol.com is now selling studio versions of the songs performed each week by the contestants. I think this is a great idea. My only question is are they going to get rid of the Season Compilation CDs at the end or are there going to be all new songs on the CD? Either way, these MP3s for $.99 are a great thing. We get to hear the full versions of the performances that we liked, plus we get to hear what each contestant will sound like in the studio. Of the 12, I have Melinda, LaKisha, Blake and C.Rich. Although I've only listened to each one once, I was very impressed with Chris' song. It's very disco-y but sounds amazing. It's a fun dance song that his voice is perfectly suited for. (Interestingly, I think he can only sing faster, uptempo songs. When he does ballads we are able to really hear the limits of his voice. That'll be interesting to pay attention as the competition moves on). Melinda and LaKisha both sound amazing on their songs so you know that their CDs will be stellar when they're finally released. And Blake's is a refreshing new take on an old song. I liked the contemporary feel to it. I'm looking forward to getting these each week. My iPod is going to fill up very quickly.

No comments: