I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Top 12 Recap - Guys

1-866-IDOLS...

[+] got my vote
[!] should be worried

01: Rudy Cardenas [+]
Kicked off the real start of Season 6 and I think he did a good job. It's pretty much impossible to be the first person and get all positive feedback from the judges, because then they have no where to go but down. I like Rudy and did you notice that when he sings big notes he sounds a little but looks A LOT like Clay Aiken (one squinty eye, half smirk)?
02: Brandon Rogers [+]
Still my favorite singer even though he sounded a little bit out of it. Plus I have a crush on him.
03: Sundance Head [!]
Oh god.
04: Paul Kim [!]
I think Paul oversings everything and is lingering in the boyband era of the 90's. And the no shoes things has been done (and better) by Kelly Clarkson. Oh, and literal song interpretations really bug me ("guilty feet have no rhythm" then point to your bare feet!?).
05: Chris Richardson [+]
Alright, he's cute...we know! But he used "vicariously" (correctly) in his video speech. So cute! Ok, about his singing: I liked it! I think he was a little bit thin on the vocal overall but if he gets a couple of weeks in he'll gain confidence.
06: Nick Pedro [!]
Poor guy. He almost subconsciously sabotages himself. He seemed so timid.
07: Blake Lewis [+]
He said he was excited "with an exclamation mark". Well he looked G-A-Y with an exclamation mark. Don't get me wrong, he looked good. Just gay. Oh, and the song was great and he stood out head over shoulders above the other guys.
08: Sanjaya Malakar [!]
I'm heading into Perez Hilton territory with this remark, but can I am going to nickname him "San-gina". Ha ha. I crack myself up! I hope he's ready to join his sister at home. No offense, but man you gotta have SOME self-confidence at this point! You're in the Top 24! He looked at the floor the entire time Ryan Seacrest was talking to him...oooh, maybe he had a little crush.
-------------
The rest are safe. So if I had to choose, Thursday we will be saying goodbye to Sundance & Paul.

Other comments: Chris Slightly Large/Hurley (your choice) is being called the early favorite but I completely agree with Jesse that that automatically makes me not like him. Plus, don't start arguing with the judges yet. A.J. Tabaldo = Season 6 RJ Helton (quasi-gay, sensitive singer).


And Phil Stacey sounded good but he reminded me of someone...

No comments: