I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Top 10 Guys

Here we are again. The Top 10 guys are ready to sing and I hope they're better than they were last week. After seeing the women perform, these guys have a lot to prove tonite. I hope they're up for the task. Once again, I'm commenting as they sing. First up, our resident vampire NosPHILatu.

Phil Stacey - I can't stop looking at his pointy ears. He really does look like Nosferatu. Once again, he sounds great. He's got a good, strong voice but the song is a little boring. He's very comfortable perfoming and being on stage. It was a good performance, I just wish the song was a little more entertaining. Good job though. Grade B+

Jared Cotter - Great song choice for him. This song fits his voice perfectly. His voice is a throwback to the Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke type of sounds. It's missing a little of that soul that they had but it's still good. There were a couple of pitch problems and his voice was a little "rough" on some of the higher notes but overall another good job. Grade B

AJ Tabaldo - Huge improvement from last week. I thought he should have been gone and is lucky to be here now. I thought the intro was a little weak but as soon as the music kicked he found his groove. You can tell he did because he busted out with his gay dance moves once again. Girl, you need to keep those arms DOWN! Stop with the gay dancing! Grade B

Sanjaya Malakar - Whoa dude! It looks like it the battle of the gays. Sanjaya and AJ seem like they're trying to out-gay each other. What's gayer, AJ's dancing or Sanjaya's clothes? That's a tough one. Hmmm... he has a good voice but there's no real power behind it and therefore he can't do anything with it. He sounds fine but the performance is boring. There's no real emotion in his voice. It's a little pitchy at the end. Overall just a very average performance. Gosh, he even has no emotion or power in his voice when he's talking to the judges. Grow a pair dude! Grade C-

Chris Sligh - Yes! I love that southern, new orleans type of voice that Chris has. Great song to showcase his talents. I love that he's not trying to oversing the song, he's just doing what he does and it sounds great. Like Phil, Chris knows how to work the stage and sell a song. Again, I want to hate this guy but I can't deny that he did an amazing job tonite. Grade A-

Nick Pedro - I was a little doubtful when I heard he was singing Fever but he really pulled it off. I thought this was a really good performance for him. This was so much better for him. I kinda like his smoky type of voice. I am used to hearing Buble sing this with a fuller, stronger voice but Nick's vocals worked as well. He definitely pulled it off. Grade B

Blake Lewis - Hm, Virtual Insanity. That should be a really good song for him if he nails it. It's definitely the type of song that fits his style. He started the song very pitchy but finally settled into it. The vocals aren't as strong as they were last week but the song is so different from what everyone else is singing that I think he'll still do well. He definitely know what works for him. Plus the beatboxing added a lot to the middle of the song. Not as good as last week but I don't think he's going anywhere. Grade B+

Brandon Rogers - Ouch! That's a horrible start to a great song. He sounds like he's singing through his nose most of the time. This was a horrible performance compared to last week. I didn't like it at all. It was boring, didn't sound good and he had no stage presence. Grade D

Chris Richardson - I love that he's pulling out a Jason Mraz song. Like Blake, Chris knows what he's good at and strays from singing the same type of songs that everyone else is singing. I love his voice and he definitely had fun with the song. He got a little tangled with the words at the beginning but he didn't let that stop him. He sounded great with his full voice on some of those high notes at the end. This was a great performance. That's two weeks in a row for him. We finally have a real "pop" guy in the competition. I don't think we've had one yet. I'm loving this guy! Grade A

Sundance Head - He still has something to prove (i.e. like he can actually sing). Knowing that he's the Vote for the Worst pick means that the worse he does the more votes he'll get. I have a feeling that all of the criticism is getting to him now and he's losing all of his confidence. Will he be able to bounce back tonite or fall further? Well, it looks like he was able to shake everything off for this week. He looks almost like how we saw him in his audition. It was a good performance. I just wonder if he's got it in him to stay in this competition. Between all of the criticism and the birth of his son I think he may end up deciding to quit the show sometime in the future. Great performance though. Grade A-

Well the guys really took the lead from the women and stepped up their game this week. Overall it was a MUCH better week than last week. My favorites for this week were once again Chris R, Blake and Chris S.

The 2 that are going home (assuming Vote for the Worst doesn't screw things up) are Sanjaya and Brandon. This is an easy week. If anyone other than Sanjaya and Brandon go home it would be an upset.

No comments: