I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

FINALLY!

It's about damn time that auditions are over and we're finally in Hollywood Week. Seriously producers, did we really need a month of crappy/boring auditions just to get to Hollywood Week? And then all you give us is one hour before announcing the Top 24? You could have at least expanded it to a 2-hour episode. Now, the reason for the one hour is that there wasn't much that happened in Hollywood Week and they felt that there wasn't a lot to show. Well, after sitting through a month of that crap I think you could have easily created another hour of "drama". But whatever, it's over. Hopefully they'll learn for next year.

First off, let's comment on the best moment of the night. During the group round we had a group of Chris Sligh, Blake Lewis, Rudy Cardena, and Tom Lowe. Oh snap, these guys were awesome together! That could have been one of the best group performances on Idol to date. And I was glad they finally showed Tom Lowe. His hot self should have had more TV time. My guess is that he doesn't make it so they didn't bother showing him or don't want to showcase him yet because he's British and auditioning for an American show. I just hope he somehow sneaks into the Top 24 tonite. The other 3 are definite contenders though.

Second, I was so happy to see Amanda (one half of the best friends) go in the end. She's a bitch. I liked Antonella a lot better and was happy to see her make it through. I was also sad for Baylie Brown. She's beautiful with a great voice. I think she would have done really well, but not sure we need another Carrie just yet.

Third, I was REALLY disappointed with Sundance last night. During the auditions I was so sure that he was going to be one of the final people on the show. But last night showed some serious weaknesses in him. He couldn't sing anything right, he couldn't remember his words, and he definitely let his nerves take over. It's obvious the judges really really like him and are keeping him in but I'm not sure how forgiving America is gonna be. If he doesn't get this right he's going to be gone pretty soon. The good news for him is that he can choose any song during the semis. He should be able to make it through, but once he's in the finals and the theme weeks start coming then he may be in trouble.

Fourth, thank God the judges finally cut Perla. I can't believe she even made it past the initial auditions but whatever. And I'm glad that Simon even admitted she was only making it based on her personality and not her voice. I think that can't really rely on personality anymore. It worked for Mikalah but Brenna really screwed them over last year. Everyone hated her and wanted her off the show so badly. I think Perla would have been the same way this year. Brenna pretty much screwed up the "personality" spot for a while.

Fifth, I thought that it was really cute to see Sanjaya be so sad that Shamali didn't make it to the Top 40. You could tell he felt bad about it. But I think he'll do well.

So tonite we find out for sure who the top 24 are. I kinda feel like it's pretty obvious who they will be but you never know. At least it all officially starts next week! Now I'm finally excited for this season!

No comments: